Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Steering Wheel

I was thinking as I drove into work this morning about the steering wheel. We can go anywhere we want all we have to do is turn this simple mechanical device and we head in that direction. When I was a teenager we used to love to find icy parking lots or empty wet fields and test the limitations of the steering wheel / tire combination. Yes I am talking about donuts

No, not those donuts


I am talking about donuts you can do by getting up a decent speed and purposely turning the wheel as hard as you can in one direction and slamming on the brake. What a great time we had testing the limitations of this theory.

If we own a car, we own a steering wheel. But who controls the steering wheel of our lives? Do we drive and let Jesus be our passenger, only stepping in when there is an emergency? Do we purposely let our "Cars" spiral out of control so that we can just turn to Jesus to take the wheel?
The problem is that we make a mess and then turn to Jesus to clean it up.

Jesus ain't no janitor

He is supposed to be the driver, not the passenger. If we relinquish control to Him and let him drive our lives, there won't be a mess to clean up.



So....Who has your wheel? Is God really in control or is he merely your passenger? Or even worse, is he just your janitor?
Take your hands off the wheel and let God take control!!



2 comments:

vfcctigger said...

Thanks, I needed that today! I wish I could make myself apply that....but my stubborn flesh gets in the way! Thanks for sharing! I love you and I am blessed to have you in my life!

Dana said...

That was good!!! Its kinda like those old bumper stickers: Jesus is my co-pilot! If he is we are in trouble! lol! Thanks for the reminder that I need to continuously relinquish conrol! Seriously... cant wait to see you guys!!!!